Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Chicken Gyros with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce.

Are you ready? Cause your going down! To yum town that is! (I crack myself up sometimes.) In all seriousness though, these Chicken Gyros are a fresh and delicious way to use some of that Homemade Tzatziki that we made the other day!

Chicken Gyros(pronounced: YEE-ros) are one of the ways that will help us utilize the Pastured Organic Broilers we raised. After the 'Great Chicken Debacle" shredded, cubed, or pulled apart is going to be the best way to use them. Post coming soon on how not to raise your own meat chickens. Bah! On with the Gyros!

You will need:
~1 Whole Pastured Organic chicken (you can cut it up if you want)
~Salt
~Fresh ground pepper
~Oregano
~Garlic
~Pita bread or Pita Pockets
~Organic mixed greens or lettuce
~An organic red onion
~Fresh organic tomato of your liking
~Tzatziki Sauce

First, I like to start with a whole chicken or a cut up whole chicken. Seasoned with salt, freshly ground pepper, oregano, and garlic. You can use whatever seasoning in whatever amounts you prefer. I just think that these best compliment the Tzatziki sauce.

Add Organic greens/lettuce(we used a spring mix but any fresh organic lettuce will work), chopped red onions, and chopped fresh tomatoes to a pita. Then, top with Organic Pastured cubed Chicken and Homemade Tzatziki Sauce. We both had some of the extra chopped tomatoes, cubed chicken, some sharp cheddar cheese slices, and half of a delicious salted avocado(avocados are an incredibly tasty and economical way to get some healthy fat into your diet!).


Anywho, the Sourdough Starter is working! Much to my surprise I am getting regular bubbling! So now I am working on that post with pictures and then we will really be cooking with gas! Ahem, or baking with nutritious Sourdough Starter! See ya soon!

P.S. After looking back over this, I realized that there are in fact an inordinate number of exclamation points. I guess I just get really pumped about this delicious recipe and I just have to 'exclaim' it. Ha ha.
Later Taters...

No comments:

Post a Comment